Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-225-205: ERROR -1

jay-ann
Level 2

Hi All,

Good day!

Just want to ask if you've encountered this kind of error while repairing the Backup Exec. If yes, can you please guide me through this. Also, Backup Exec Server Service failed to start. Hoping for a positive response. Thank you so much.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+ 04-22-2021,14:49:25 : V-225-205: ERROR -1: Could not write a checkpoint record in database BEDB because the log is out of space. Contact the database administrator to truncate the log or allocate more space to the database log files. The transaction log for database 'BEDB' is full due to 'CHECKPOINT'.
+ 04-22-2021,14:49:25 : FATAL ERROR: BEMSI;BEOps.dll;BEOperations.cpp;:-1:BE_AttachDB() - SQL_AttachDB - Could not write a checkpoint record in database BEDB because the log is out of space. Contact the database administrator to truncate the log or allocate more space to the database log fi
+ 04-22-2021,14:49:25 : V-225-118: Error installing BEDB

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 REPLIES 2

RogRubin
Employee

BEDB is our database.
It sounds like the log file bedb_log.ldf has reached its limit
Would suggest to check first the size of that file in windows explorer ...Veritas\backup exec\data directory to confirm that this file size is indeed very large.
There is a good chance one table within our database is causing the issue, best thing is to installed SQL Management Studio and then see which table is the large one causing the issue.
Once identified, please come back and we can assist further.

Hi @RogRubin, thank you for you reply. Upon checking on the management studio, BEDB is not present. I don't know how it happened, so, I tried to recover the database using BEutility and luckily back to normal again. Thank you.