cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-225-292: Backup Exec install failed with error code 2

rsalesfreitas
Level 2

Gentlemen,

I need help urgently the installation of any version of Backup Exec get this message:

V-225-292: Backup Exec install failed with error code 2

I have hosted on this server for running Backup Exec one Fileserver with Windows 2008 R2 Standard

Let the situation that caused it:

1 - I tried to make updating the backup exec 2012 to 2014 through the Live Update, unfortunately I could not because he asked me an update on own version of Backup Exec that had already installed.

2 - After the success of this does not update the backup exec services stopped working.

3 - I decided to make the correction software through the installation package, also without success.

4 - I decided to make the uninstall backup exec (only program), after it ran to reinstall the service still did not rise.

5 - I decided to make a full uninstall backup exec for installation of backup exec 2014, it was then that I started receiving this error after all the installation process at the end of the installation, only stressing that the installation of bank service Data successfully the error occurs explodes in the installation software itself (backup exec).

6 - I decided to make a clean sweep of all versions in the folders:

**** Program files

**** ProgramData

.................. And also all registry entries related to the backup exec and all versions.

7 - I decided to make the installation of backup exec 2015 as he had received the version upgrade notification.

**** I downloaded the software;

**** I lowered my license files.

And I began the installation process:

a) the .NET Framework installation process successfully occurs;

b) SQL also successfully

But the same error occurs in the backup software installation.

Can someone please help.

I am grateful in advance for your attention.

Reginaldo Freitas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I tried to make updating the backup exec 2012 to 2014 through the Live Update

Not possible. LiveUpdate allows only service pack, hotfixes updates but not a major version upgrade.

Do ensure if running any AV, temporarily disable it to allow extraction of the BE 15 installation files and installation.

Also, launch the installer using "Run as admin".

If the above doesn't help, I would recommend to log a support case and have the engineer assist you with the installation.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I tried to make updating the backup exec 2012 to 2014 through the Live Update

Not possible. LiveUpdate allows only service pack, hotfixes updates but not a major version upgrade.

Do ensure if running any AV, temporarily disable it to allow extraction of the BE 15 installation files and installation.

Also, launch the installer using "Run as admin".

If the above doesn't help, I would recommend to log a support case and have the engineer assist you with the installation.