cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-225-53: ERROR: Failed to install SQL Express BKUPEXEC instance with error 15152

weddemann
Level 2
Hello together,

yesterday I updated BExec for Windowsservers from 9.1 to 12.5 (Windows 2000 Server). The update from 9.1 to 11 fninished without problems, but at the end of the update to 12.5 an error concerning MSSQL express occured.

Here are some extracts of the logfiles:

BExec Inst log:

05-04-2009,18:47:54 : "x:\MSSQL Express\SQLEXPR32_DEU.EXE" /wait /qn /norestart /lv "C:\Programme\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Summary.txt" INSTANCENAME=BKUPEXEC SQLACCOUNT="NT-AUTORITÄT\SYSTEM" SQLPASSWORD="" UPGRADE=SQL_Engine,SQL_Data_Files,SQL_Replication,Client_Components,Connectivity SAPWD=**** DISABLENETWORKPROTOCOLS=0
05-04-2009,18:53:30 : V-225-53: ERROR: Failed to install SQL Express BKUPEXEC instance with error 15152. ***To search for information about this error, click here
05-04-2009,18:53:30 : Please review C:\Programme\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Summary.txt for more details.

summary.txt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Machine : xxx
Product : SQL Server-Datenbankdienste
Error : Problem beim SQL Server-Setup: [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Cannot update user instances. Reason: Failed to run update scripts against user instance 'D3987E7D-E3E8-48'. Error code: 0x0.. Beheben Sie das Problem, und führen Sie dann das SQL Server-Setup erneut aus, um den Vorgang fortzusetzen.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product : SQL Server-Datenbankdienste
Error : Problem beim SQL Server-Setup: [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Cannot update user instances. Reason: Failed to run update scripts against user instance 'D3987E7D-E3E8-48'. Error code: 0x0.. Beheben Sie das Problem, und führen Sie dann das SQL Server-Setup erneut aus, um den Vorgang fortzusetzen.
Product : Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
Product Version : 9.2.3042.00
Install : Failed
Log File : C:\Programme\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0002_SISKO_SQL.log
Error Number : 1603

SQLSetup0002_SISKO_SQL.log

Property(S): SqlUpgradeMessage = Problem beim SQL Server-Setup: [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Cannot update user instances. Reason: Failed to run update scripts against user instance 'D3987E7D-E3E8-48'. Error code: 0x0.. Beheben Sie das Problem, und führen Sie dann das SQL Server-Setup erneut aus, um den Vorgang fortzusetzen.
Property(S): UpgradeInstruction = Connect to SQL instance lpc:SISKO\BKUPEXEC as sysadmin
Launch SQL statement USE master
Launch SQL statement EXEC sp_update_user_instance N'C:\Programme\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Install\sysdbupg.sql'
Launch SQL statement EXEC sp_update_user_instance N'C:\Programme\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Install\DbEngine_hotfix_install.sql'
Stop service MSSQL$BKUPEXEC
MSI (s) (98:C8) [18:53:15:667]: Note: 1: 1729
MSI (s) (98:C8) [18:53:15:667]: Produkt: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition -- Die Konfiguration ist fehlgeschlagen.

MSI (s) (98:C8) [18:53:15:682]: Cleaning up uninstalled install packages, if any exist
MSI (s) (98:C8) [18:53:15:682]: MainEngineThread is returning 1603
MSI (s) (98:E8) [18:53:15:682]: Destroying RemoteAPI object.
MSI (s) (98:84) [18:53:15:682]: Custom Action Manager thread ending.
=== Protokollierung beendet: 04.05.2009 18:53:15 ===
MSI (c) (24:3C) [18:53:15:729]: Decrementing counter to disable shutdown. If counter >= 0, shutdown will be denied. Counter after decrement: -1
MSI (c) (24:3C) [18:53:15:729]: MainEngineThread is returning 1603
=== Verbose logging stopped: 04.05.2009 18:53:15 ===

Nevertheless the MSSQL instance seems to be installed correctly and the server is working fine. I already reviewed http://www.symantec.com/business/support/knowledge_base_sli.jsp?umi=/umi/V-225-53&doctype=umi, but there is no solution for the problem.

Thanks for your help!

Jan

6 REPLIES 6

chicojrman
Level 6
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/294764.htm

weddemann
Level 2
The error 15152 is not listed there. Other ideas?

bjash
Level 4
Can you connect to the database (SQL2005) by using SQL Management Studio to verify the database exists?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
I've had this on the odd occasion while installing a clean version of Backup Exec 11D. I got around this by manually installing SQL 2005 first, and then running the Backup Exec 11D installation next.

weddemann
Level 2

>Can you connect to the database (SQL2005) by using SQL Management Studio to verify the database exists?

Connection possible and the DB is accessable.

>I've had this on the odd occasion while installing a clean version of Backup Exec 11D. I got around this by manually installing SQL 2005 first, and then running the Backup Exec 11D installation next.

hhmm... so I have to uninstall 12.5, install SQL 2005 and then install 12.5 again? What about my catalogue data? And what are the installation options for the MSSQL? Can I tell him to create an instance for BExec or with the BExec Setup do this during the installation?

Thanks for your help!

Jan

bjash
Level 4
You can do a fresh install of SQL Express (as long as your BEDB doesn't grow over 4 GB--and unless you are doing an extreme amount of backups, this probably won't happen).  During the install of 12.5, it will ask you if you want to do a new instance of SQL or select an existing one--select the existing instance (the fresh one you just installed).  If you need to preserve your data, you can do a backup of the faulty installed SQL database and then do a restore to the new instance.