cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-225-53: ERROR: Failed to install SQL Express BKUPEXEC instance with error 1053

maliaga
Level 3

I am installing Backup Exec 12.5 on a Windows 2008 R2 x64 server.

The installtion failed while installing the SQL Express 2005. On the server, we have other installed product that uses the free version of the SQL 2005. 

How can I work around this issue and continue with the installation. We need the SQL, we cannot unistall it.

11-13-2012,13:27:30 : Installing SQL Express 2005 BKUPEXEC instance.
11-13-2012,13:27:30 : "Y:\Server Install\Version 12.5 64-bit\WINNT\INSTALL\SQLExpress\SQLEXPR.exe" /wait /qn /norestart /lv "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Summary.txt" INSTANCENAME=BKUPEXEC INSTALLSQLDIR="C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\" INSTALLSQLDATADIR="C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\" INSTALLSQLSHAREDIR="C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\" SQLACCOUNT="NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" SQLPASSWORD="" ADDLOCAL=SQL_Engine,SQL_Data_Files,SQL_Replication,Client_Components,Connectivity SAPWD=**** DISABLENETWORKPROTOCOLS=0
11-13-2012,13:29:21 : V-225-53: ERROR: Failed to install SQL Express BKUPEXEC instance with error 1053. ***To search for information about this error, click here
11-13-2012,13:29:21 : Please review C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Summary.txt for more details.
11-13-2012,13:29:21 : Failed to install third party products.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

What you need to do is to run LiveUpdate until it says that there is no more updates.  You then go to Help ---> About and click on the Installed Update button.  This will tell you what hotfixes are installed.  If Hotfix 331998 is not installed, then download it and installl it manually.

After finishing the updates, go to Tools ----> Install Agent ... and push out the remote agent to the remote server.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

I am installing Backup Exec 12.5 on a Windows 2008 R2 x64 server.

BE12.5 as a media server on Win 2008 R2 is not a supported configuration.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You cannot use Win 2008 R2 as a media server for BE 12.5.  See the SCL below

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH62301 

While your other installations with Win 2008 R2 may work, it is an unsupported configuration.  This means that you cannot open a support case with Symantec when you run into problems, like this one.  Also, there is no guarantee that you can fully recover your servers from your backups.

maliaga
Level 3

I forgot to mention that we have installed BU 12.5 on multiple W2K8 R2 x64 bits servers.

The free SQL 2005 is not installed on these servers. BU installed.

maliaga
Level 3

OK. That's fair. Do you know what error code 1053 means?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

It is related to timeouts.

maliaga
Level 3

Hi,

It seems that technical article # TEC75697 does support BU for Windows 12.5 for W2K8R2

maliaga
Level 3

Hello,

I retract the information I inserted above. After reading the article (TECH75697); BU for Windows 12.5 supports W2K8R2 with the remote agent, supports backing the system drive, system state and shadow Copy Components.

I have the full version, how do I install the remote agent, if the article states to use with Hotfix 331998?

Please advice, I am new with BU and trying to make sense of all of this.

Thank you in advance.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

What you need to do is to run LiveUpdate until it says that there is no more updates.  You then go to Help ---> About and click on the Installed Update button.  This will tell you what hotfixes are installed.  If Hotfix 331998 is not installed, then download it and installl it manually.

After finishing the updates, go to Tools ----> Install Agent ... and push out the remote agent to the remote server.