Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-79-40960-38531 Cannot get GRT working on Hyper-V

ChrisSnape
Level 2

Hi all,

First post on here.

SETUP:

Stand Alone Windows 2008 R2 Standfard - Dell PowerEdge 420 server.

PERC H310 using RAID5 across 8x450GB SCSI. C: 100GB (OS), D: 2.7TB (DeDup Disk)

2 x LTO4 SCSI tape drives running on seperate Adaptec SCSI card (Duplicate)

Running BAckup Exec 15 Capacity Edition (3TB) 1180.2621 (FP4)

Backing up Hyper-V setup with 2012 R2 Hosts and VMs.

PROBLEM:

I am running a backup job to Dedup Disk then Duplicate to Tape.

Trying to backup a mix of 6 Virtual and 3 Physical Servers. All physical servers backup without issue.

The problem is with the Hyper-V VMs. I am constantly getting fails on the GRT on the VMs with the error always being V-79-40960-38531. This is sporadic at best. File servers see it probably 50% of the time, same for my SQL servers. But my Exchange server sees it 100% of the time. I can backup any of the VMs via an agent backup without issue, including the Exchange server. The problem occurs when I run a Hyper-V back from the hosts.

I have tried reinstalling the Backup Exec server and the Agents using FP4. I have rebuilt the Dedup storage, tried direct backups to tape, used software compression on the Dedup and also taken it off. Nothing seems to change the error.

Looking for assistance. Really want to get this working.

Regards,

Chris Snape

4 REPLIES 4

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Are there any anti-virus applications monitoring the Deduplication Storage as the action of security software has been known to cause issues with GRT sets and Deduplication Storage - for instance this example:

http://www.veritas.com/docs/000022954

ChrisSnape
Level 2

No, I have removed all the Anti-Virus for the time being. No difference.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Hmm OK so might be time to log a formal support case for us to look into your issue more deeply.

ChrisSnape
Level 2

Ok, have done so.

FYI Case - 21389431