cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-79-57344-34029 - A hardware error occurred and V-79-57344-33994 - The data being read from the media is inconsistent.

NightMare07
Level 3

Please help.

I have two server encountering a hardware error and the read media is inconsistent.

Is this  tape drive error? ,Basically I have 2 tape Drive in one tape library and only tape drive02 encountering this error.

I hope you can help me, as of now I cannot use may second tape drive because of this issue.

Thanks and Regards,

8 REPLIES 8

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Did you install a LEO license for the second tape drive? Also if you are sharing the tape library between the two servers, then have you installed the SSO license

NightMare07
Level 3

yes, we have that license only LEO, but for SSO we don't have because we are using only one SBE Server.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
If your tape drives are different, e.g. LTO4 and LTO5, and you are using LTO4 and LTO5 tapes in your library then you need to set barcode rules. See my article below. https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/setting-barcode-rules-be-2012

NightMare07
Level 3

actually on our tape library we are using same LTO5 but we don't know why we are encoutering this problem only on the 2nd tape drive.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
1. In the Windows Device Manager, check that the second drive has a Symantec driver. If it does not, go to the BE installation directory and use tapeinst.exe to tee install the driver 2. Run the manufacturer's diagnostic utility against the tape library and the drives. Make sure you stopped all three BE services beforehand and that you select the write test

NightMare07
Level 3

We already check to the device manager and theres two tape drive detected.

We will try to reinstall the drivers using tapeinst.exe.

The diagnostic utility is built on tape drive ? or we need to contact IBM for diagnostic?

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You will need to get it from IBM

NightMare07
Level 3

hmm..okay..we will coordinate this issue to IBM as soon as possible

thanks for your support...