cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-79-57344-34036 - An unknown error has occurred.

Dan_Graves
Level 3

HI,

I'm trying to find what could be triggering the above error in Backup Exec 2010.

It happens when we backup a local server and to a USB removal Hard drive.

Backup2Disk has been set to split the backup files in to 50GB due to performance issue, error seems to happan after the first 50-70GB error seems to happen arround these sizes of the backup.

Thanks 

Dan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Would recommend to keep this setting off / disabled.

Try solution 2 & last few steps of solution 3 from this KB as well - https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH135233.html

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

VJware
Level 6

Any other error or warning in the event viewer ?

And do ensure the B2D's properties does not the option to preallocate disk space enabled.

Also, if write caching is enabled, disable it from the properties of the USB drive via Disk Manager.

Dan_Graves
Level 3

Hi,

No additional erros, I've disabled the write cache option on the hard drive.

The option you mentioned about preallocated disk space, I dont see this option at the device level of backup exec. 

VJware
Level 6

The setting in BE 2010 is called "Allocate the maximum size when creating the backup-to-disk file".

Additionally, would you PM me the Application & System event viewer logs + job log ? Thanks.

Dan_Graves
Level 3

Please find attached the log files.

Currently i have set the backup size to 50GB which i had to set due to that the backup of the server was taking such a long time.

Is the recomendation to leave this field blank, which should allow the backup file to grow acordenly and prevent fragmentation?

VJware
Level 6

Would recommend to keep this setting off / disabled.

Try solution 2 & last few steps of solution 3 from this KB as well - https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH135233.html

Dan_Graves
Level 3

Thank you for your help.