cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-79-57344-34110 - Unable to get minimum quiet time for physical volumes.

Marganza
Not applicable
I'll get everyday the following message in my job history.

'V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "E:". Advanced Open File Option used: Symantec Volume Snapshot P...
AOFO: Unable to get minimum quiet time for physical volumes. Reduce the activity on these volumes, o...
AOFO: Symantec Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP) snapshot cache file settings for volume "E:" : Initial: 0 MB. Maximum: 9109 MB. File: "\\?\Volume{427a2d6d-585b-11dc-b6eb-00188bfd20be}\Backup Exec AOFO Store\_BEVspCacheFile_83.VSP".
AOFO: Symantec Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP) snapshot settings used: Quiet Time: 5 seconds. Time Out: 2000 seconds.'

System: Windows SBS 2003 R2 and Exchange 2003.

I've decreased the Quiet time to 4 seconds.

How can I fix this problem?
8 REPLIES 8

RodB
Level 3
Hi Marganza,

do you have Windows Update Service running on this server if so do you have the database on the e drive?

csklho
Not applicable
Yes, I have the same problem and my Windows Update Service is really installed on that partition. Any ways to solve it ? Thanks

RodB
Level 3
The only solution i have found so far is to stop the ssee database before the backup and restart it after.

Walter_Casinill
Level 2
If we will stop the database application, this means that symantec backup exec cannot backup those databases if in used during backup process. What is the purpose of the Advance File Open Option of Backup Exec ? How to backup online database using Backup Exec for Windows Server?

RodB
Level 3
Hi Walter,

you are of course correct I just stop the msee database and back these files up at the file level rather than use the sql client for them the rest of my databases I back up with the client. It just is the only way i can find to stop the quiet time problems. If you have another way I would love to hear it as it is by no means ideal as it causes windows to generate update service errors that it can not contact the database while it is stopped.

Message Edited by RodB on 11-13-2007 02:31 AM

Kevin_M
Not applicable
Anyone got any solution to this I too have the same problem now I have installed windows update service 3 on SBS. I can not get quiet time. I tried RodB's workaround and it does give a successfull backup but as he points out it is by no means a perfect solution to the problem.

nothing
Level 2
Try selecting Micrsoft VSS as the snapshot provider instead of the Symantec provider as appears to be the case in the error message, maybe you will get a different result?

RodB
Level 3
Thanks will give this a go on tomorrows backup.