cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-79-57344-38260 - Backup of VM's (VMWare) from disaster recovery

arivarton
Not applicable

Hi,

im trying to set up a backup against our disaster recovery site. I only want to backup one folder there called SRM. These are all machines mirrored from the main site.

VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager Extension manages the virtual machines in the DR site.

This is the error message:

V-79-57344-38260 - Unable to create a snapshot of the virtual machine. The virtual machine no longer exists or may be too busy to quiesce to take the snapshot.

I found this link related to the error message:

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH146397.html

I think this is the problem:

"Fault Tolerant Guest Virtual Machines cannot currently be protected while in a Fault Tolerant configuration. This is due to the inability to snapshot a Fault Tolerant virtual machine and is a current limitation of VMware."

Is there anyway to actually get this to work or should i just backup from the main site?

- A

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...back them up via Remote Agent and any other application licenses as per #1 in the Solutions section of that TN.

You would need to consult Symantec's licensing department or a BackuP Exec reseller to see which licenses you require.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...back them up via Remote Agent and any other application licenses as per #1 in the Solutions section of that TN.

You would need to consult Symantec's licensing department or a BackuP Exec reseller to see which licenses you require.

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You must backup the machines from the main site