cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-79-57344-38277 - Error during restore

Dabsi
Level 1

Good morning.

I’m trying to restore a VM from an old backup (performed in 2019 with Backup Exec 2014)

I need to restore a VM from an old  VMware virtual center v. 5

Now I have a new  WMware virtual center v. 6.5 (where I need to restore the old VM)

I selected the VM to restore directly from the tape where was saved (I’ve already launch a Catalog without problem and the backup objects are clearly showed).

Then I choose to restore in a new virtual center and I can access (with the correct account) all the resources of this new vcenter.

So I select the datastore where to restore the vm files and start the restore, but after 4 minutes I receive the following message:

Ripristino- VMVCB::\\vcenter.gruppodab.local\VCGuestVm\Datacenter-DAB\vm\DFS0120 VMVCB::\\vcenter.gruppodab.local\VCGuestVm\Datacenter-DAB\vm\DFS0120
V-79-57344-38277 - Restore fails (VM-to-restore-name). Unable to open a disk of the virtual machine

Can you please help me?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

MIght be an issue due to staging needing to happen to disk. Check and see if you have enough disk space to hold the VM. Otherwise, consider duplicating to disk first, and then copying to the VMFS volume and importing into VMware.

Damm even I am having a similar kind of issue, I have searched all over the internet and even have posted on number of threads on different forum, no solution seems to work. I am really frustrated, can anyone of you here help me resolve this issue, I am very much tired now.  get-mobdro.com