cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-79-57344-38730 error on new installation

Simon_G
Level 2
Partner

Newbie question; ie new to BE 2012 in Hyper-V environment.

Trialling 2012, recieving V-79-57344-38730 error in logs.

V-79-57344-38730: "Backup Exec failed to authenticate with virtual machine 'PATH TO VM' and was unable to collect the necessary metadata to restore individual application items. You cannot perform GRT-enabled restores of application data from this backup."

KB Article: TECH136221 states this issue was fixed in Backup Exec 2010 r2, but gives no clues to resolving it in 2012.

Running:

Backup Exec 2012 - v14.0 Rev 1798 (64-bit)

Windows Server 2008 r2 SP1

Hyper-V with two virtualised servers, bother receiving this error.

3 REPLIES 3

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

You need to push install the remote agent into your VMs so that both VMs show in the Backup and Restore Server list (and so that the security trusts are setup) and then try the same backup again. If you have the Virtual Agent license you are licensed to install AWS inside the VMs.

Simon_G
Level 2
Partner

Both VM's already show in the Backup and Restore Server list.  The clients were installed from the individual machines, pointed back to the host.  Is this the same thing?

I have tried looking at the details and Credentials for each machine, whilst it is posiable to add different accounts, there appears to be no way of editing or removing these! Also in 'help' I have found the following statement:

"You cannot test credentials for virtual machines, but the job runs if you provide the correct credentials. If the job fails, you may need to retry the job with different credentials."

If this is true, not being able to tweak creadentials seems crazy. I must be missing something?

AshwinApte
Level 4
Employee

Hi Simon,

You can edit the credentials by clicking on the rather large BE button at the left hand corner --> Configuration and Settings --> Logon accounts --> Manage Logon accounts.

For the guest machine, you need to assign credentials which have administrator rights on that guest machine by creating them from either the Test Credentials window in the job or the Manage Logon accounts window aas I have mentioned above.

Thanks