cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-79-57344-38749 on non included server

Jan_Gruyaert
Level 3

I'm currently doing full & differential backups of my ESXi 5.1 systems using the AVVI and GRT for applications for one backup set and GRT for files (without applications) for another backup set. I'm currently on BE 2014 SP1.

The set with GRT for applications contains an SQL-server. Backups run just fine.

The other set contains 5 servers. The full backup runs fine. The differential backups however give the following error for all included VM's:

• V-79-57344-38749 - Backup Exec was unable to prepare Microsoft SQL resources for Granular Recovery Technology (GRT) operations.  Therefore you will be unable to perform GRT-enabled restores of Microsoft SQL data for 'SQL-server\instance1' from this backup.
  • V-79-57344-38749 - Backup Exec was unable to prepare Microsoft SQL resources for Granular Recovery Technology (GRT) operations.  Therefore you will be unable to perform GRT-enabled restores of Microsoft SQL data for 'SQL-server\instance1' from this backup.

I'm wondering why I get the errors. The SQL-Server it mentions is not even included in the backup set and application GRT (thus GRT for SQL) is not checked. So for every server in the backup set, I get an error for a feature I disabled and for a server I didn't even include in my backup set!

I tried recreating the job, but still get the same errors.

7 REPLIES 7

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Check the text based (Details tab) view of the selections very carefully as you may find something hiding due to the history of changes made to the job that is cuasing these systems to be selected.

Jan_Gruyaert
Level 3

The text based view of the selections only mentions to include the 5 servers I selected in the backup. Nothing else.

VJware
Level 6

Would you pls attach the complete job logs from both the full & differential backups.

Jan_Gruyaert
Level 3

Added logs.

VJware
Level 6

These are actually exceptions and not errors. Are you able to view and successfully restore from these backups ?

Have you rerun the backup job after updating the remote agent inside the VMs ?

Lastly, i would recommend to log a formal support case and have a look @ your setup to figure out why these exceptions are occuring.

Jan_Gruyaert
Level 3

Yes. They are excpetions and restore workst fine. However the excpetions are about a server I didn't backup and they are about SQL for which I didn't select GRT.

Colin_Weaver

It seems a bit odd that the same server names are referenced against every VM that you are backing up

Did you clone any of the VMs to make them?

Are these servers anything to do with a cluster or something like a sharepoint farm that is partly held inside of VMs that are selecetd for the backups? 

Note: I suspect you may need to log a formal support case for us to dig into this further.