cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[V-79-57344-65072]The connection to target system has been lost. Backup set canceled [Linux]

BenjaminR
Level 2

Hi,

Recently I've noticed our back-up system has some problems with backing up data from an external Linux server. This used to be working perfectly, but lately everytime we get this error:

Backup- \\123.123.123.123\[ROOT] V-79-57344-65072 - The connection to target system has been lost. Backup set canceled.

I've checked the job details and connection to the 123.123.123.123 server (fake ip ;) ). I can unfold the three, browse the files and select everything perfectly. I already restarted both the Windows 2008 server where Backup exec is running on and the remote Linux server. The connection to other, windows servers also works like a charm. I'm getting really clueless to whats going on all of a sudden.

Only thing I can think of is Windows update on the 2008 server where Backup exec is running on. Linux server didnt receive updates in these last few days. I've also read the several support documents on error V-79-57344-65072, but there is no solution in these documents that makes sense.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Make sure that you disable IPv6 on both the media server and the Linux server

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Make sure that you disable IPv6 on both the media server and the Linux server

BenjaminR
Level 2

I've did some testing. We have two jobs. One 'daily', which back-ups everything, including the 123.123.123.123 server (the one that gives the error), and a 'data' which only back-ups the data of a certain server.

The 'data' job (afternoon) always runs before the 'daily' job (at night). The 'data' job always succeeds, which I thought was because it doesn't connect/backup the 123.123.123.123 server. However, when I manually start the 'daily' job BEFORE the 'data' job starts, it runs fine and backups 100%. The 'data' job will fail however, probably because the 'daily' is stil running (error: missed). I highly doubt now that it's a connection issue to the 123.123.123.123 server. :\ Any idea's?

bla.jpg

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Setup a new, standalone job for only the Linux server. Run it at a scheduled time (i.e. when the "daily" which usually runs at night).

See if it fails. If it does, there must be some activity preventing a connection at that specific time which could also explain as to why it runs successfully at a different time.