cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-79-57344-65072 - when trying to restore a database

Scott_Paananen
Level 3

Hello, 

I am trying to restore a MSSQL DB to a new server. I have the RAWS agent installed on the new server and it is showing up in my list of server. 

When i try to make a restore job to that server, from the old one. I get this error message. 

I am using BE2012.I checked the network and security settings and they appear to be right. 

please advise. 

4 REPLIES 4

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Confirm that the Remote Agent service is running on the remote server.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Scott_Paananen
Level 3

It is, i've even have it in dubug mode and nothing comes up in the logs.  I've also tried using a bad server name for the restore server, and the job failed faster. 

it starts off in queued, then it goes into loading media, about 22 seconds in the job fails. 

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Scott,

Is the RAWS agent on the remote server publishing correctly to your media server, and if there is a firewall/AV, can you drop it temporarily and run the restore again?

Thanks!

Scott_Paananen
Level 3

I tried disabling the firewall/AV eariler, and the same results. it seems to be, when i open the utility it sees the backup server.  How ever, on the status tab, there is nothing under activity. 

NOTE:

I created a backup job on the server, to test the RAWS connection. The backup job completed without errors.  So from this, i would assume that the RAWS agent is able to talk with backup exec.