cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-79-57344-65081 - Unable to restore. The path may exceed the maximum path length

celcat
Level 3

Hi,

I'm getting the following error when running a backup-to-disk using Backup Exec 12.5. I've found the following fix though it doesn't seem to have worked.

Verify- \\mercia.corbett.com\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes
V-79-57344-65081 - Unable to restore . The path may exceed the maximum path length, exceed the maxi...

-----------------------------
Details:
In Backup Exec 11d for Windows Servers a legacy Exchange mailbox backup job may fail during verification with the above mentioned error message when encryption is enabled.
Legacy mailbox backup is enabled by selecting Enable legacy mailbox support (not recommended - use Information Store instead)  under Tools | Options | Set Application defaults | Job Defaults | Microsoft Exchange settings.

Workaround:
Do not use encryption in combination with legacy Exchange mailbox backups.

-----------------------------

I've turned off legacy backups as mentioned but I want to keep encryption but the backup still fails with the saem error.

Any ideas?

Chris
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi there,

I'd suggest the following:

1. Patching BE 12.5 with the latest SP and updates available (unless you already have)

2. Recreate your job and see if this fixes it...

Have you met any possible requirements to enable encryption on your B2D folder?

Post the results!

Laters!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV

Hi there,

I'd suggest the following:

1. Patching BE 12.5 with the latest SP and updates available (unless you already have)

2. Recreate your job and see if this fixes it...

Have you met any possible requirements to enable encryption on your B2D folder?

Post the results!

Laters!

CraigV

...best bet is to make sure the device you are backing up too is supported for encryption in BE 12.5.
The HCL can be downloaded here:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/306831.htm

If it isn't there, it doesn't mean it won't work, but if you phone for support, chances are that you will be pointed to this.
If you have a tape drive available, does it give you the same error?

celcat
Level 3
Thanks for the tips. I can't understand it as it's been working fine for months and suddenly just stopped working. I've been updating the system via the LiveUpdates so it should have all of the last service packs.

Any quick way to recreate the job?

My backup to USB drive has now also failed with the same error! I'll post back when I've worked it out.

Regards

Chris

CraigV

Hi Chris,

I would simply recreate a new selection list and the subsequent job. Run a backup, and then run a restore and see if it gives you the same error.
If it does, I will flag this for support for you.

Craig

celcat
Level 3

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your assistance. I have recreated the job and it has now ran successfully. Seems crazy having to do this as nothing changed as far as I know. I have two different types of jobs, one is backup to USB and another is backup to a NAS drive. My backup to USB has worked and the backup to NAS is scheduled for later this evening which I have also recreated. Hopefully the NAS backup will also work

Thanks again

Regards

Chris

CraigV

Hi Chris,

I have had to do that myself on 1 or 2 occasions. The only thing that I can think of is that the selection list gets corrupt somewhere in the BE DB. Once it does, that's that...
Glad you came right, and glad I helped.

Cheers!