cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-79-57344-65210 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "VRTSRV

Jim_Gordon
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Environment is Server 2008R2 as media server running BackupExec 2010R2. This server is also a domain controller.  Second server is 2008R2 Hyper-V server on the same domain.  The hyper-v server has 2 virtual servers (2003R2 domain controller and Exchange 2010SP1 server running on Server 2008R2. 

Trying to run a full backup and receive this error with a snapshot provider error of (0xE000FEBA). 

The backup consists of the media server and the hyper-v server.  Hyper-V agent and Exchagne agent are installed on media server and remote agents have been deployed to the hyper-v server and the 2 virtual servers.  In the past, I did not remember running AOFO, but I have enabled it for tonights backup to see if that makes a difference.  Any help is appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Jim,

Check the TN below and see if it helps you at all!

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH65179

Thanks!

Jim_Gordon
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the article.  The error is the same; however, I am running Server 2008R2 SP1.  It looked like that applied more to regular Server 2008.  I did run the vssadmin list writers and it came back with all writers showing they were stable with no errors.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...and is BE fully patched with SP1 and the additional patches that are out (I think there are another 3 or 4)...?

Jim_Gordon
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Yes, it has Service Pack 1 and 4 hotfixes applied.

Jim_Gordon
Level 3
Partner Accredited

One thing I have noticed.  If I go to the resource credentials page and run test all, it hangs at the hyper-v selection.  If I test just hyper-v, it says succeeded with exceptions.  I am using the domain administrator account for credentials.  Not sure why this is happening.