cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-79-57344-65218

mike_menard
Level 4
i have backup exec installed on our test lab testing exchange and sql, server and xp backup. so far it will attached to the servers, but not xp. also, after i backup the isa server, i get this err
V-79-57344-65218 - A failure occurred accessing the SnapShot handle.
the error code links to http://eventlookup.veritas.com/eventlookup/EventLookup.jhtml?EvtID=V-79-57344-65218
but it shows me nothing, and a search of this code has 0 results .

mike
17 REPLIES 17

Mani_2
Level 6
Mike,

Initially let us know the exact error message.

Kindly elaborate "so far it will attached to the servers, but not xp. also"

we suggest you to split the backup job and verify the results.

Alternatively refer the Admin Manual(Page 1058 onwards) to perform the backup of Exchange and Sql Server using the SnapShot Technology.

Download the Admin Manual from the following link.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/269777.htm

Hope this helps.

mike_menard
Level 4
as to XP, the remote agent will not install on an XP client from the console from the tools / install remote agent wizard. if i go to the xp client and run setup /RANT32 -s it seems to install, but i would prefer that it work from the console.
and the servers, in the testlab, i had to touch the server and remove 9.1 and reboot before the console would install correctly.

as for the V message, that was all that the log showed. should i re-run the job with full detail on to get a better indication?

Vidyaj__Patneka
Level 6
Hi,

Do you have Advanced Open File Option installed? If not, then ensure that this option is not selected in backup job properties. The error generally appears if AOFO option is not installed but is selected in the job properties.

Hope this helps.

mike_menard
Level 4
yes, i have AOFA installed. (at least i put in the new serial number i was emailed.)
i get this error if i pick any AOFA options and also if i don't select AOFA, and back up shadow copy components.
i've started to see some other 'V' errors, but not this one.

mike

Sagar_Kamat_2
Level 6
Hello Mike,

Please let us know the exact error message so that we can provide you an accurate solution.

mike_menard
Level 4
on job completion status:

Job ended: Friday, March 04, 2005 at 6:28:26 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000fec2 - A failure occurred accessing the SnapShot handle.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65218

and on errors section:
Backup- TESTLABADBO: Offhost backup initialization failure on: "\\TESTLAB\Shadow?Copy?Components".
Snapshot provider error (0xE000847E): This edition of the product is not licensed for the requested operation.
Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

but i do have advanced open file option installed, and have installed it on the servers

mike

Ameet_Thakkar
Level 6
Kindly carry out a new backup job that consists of just Exchange IS to carry out snap shot backup. Revert back to us with the result of the same.

We hope this helps.Let us know if the problem still exists and revert back with the error message.

mike_menard
Level 4
ok, i'm setting that up as i type.
i think the real problem is ADBO which i don't have installed, and don't have a license for. it is greyed out, but checked, and that is the component that the error says is not licensed.
i will post the results as soon as i can

mike_menard
Level 4
same error.
in job completion i get

Job ended: Friday, April 01, 2005 at 8:44:26 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000847e - This edition of the product is not licensed for the requested operation.
Final error category: System Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33918

in errors i get

Backup- TESTLABADBO: Offhost backup initialization failure on: "\\TESTLAB\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group".
Snapshot provider error (0xE000847E): This edition of the product is not licensed for the requested operation.
Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

i do not have ADBO, I cannot select it as it is greyed out, but the greyed out item does show checked to use offhost backup and the providor in the greyed out box is automatic...

ParrotHeadFL
Level 4
For what it's worth, I'm getting a similar error as well. Mine reads (in the job log):

Backup- \\NOC-PE2600\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group V-79-57344-65218 - A failure occurred accessing the SnapShot handle.

Level 2
I just began receiving this error message, only AFTER I turned off AOFO as I do not have a license for it. Any help in resolving this would be much appreciated. Again, it occurs on my Exchange IS during the backup, much like everyone else is experiencing.

Thank you,

Eric

Level 2
I am actually receiving this error during my SQL backups. Not sure why, but this is the error I receive:

Backup- FSPDC01\BKUPEXEC V-79-57344-65218 - A failure occurred accessing the SnapShot handle.

Thank you,

Eric

ParrotHeadFL
Level 4
I know it's rude to post a message just to bump up a thread, but I'm doing it anyway because we've not had a response from Veritas in nearly two weeks.

Is this issue being worked on?

ParrotHeadFL
Level 4
My backups continue to fail because I'm getting this error every single time.

Are you out there, Veritas???

ashwin_pawar
Level 6
Hi,

Please read the Admin manual Page number 1058 onwards for SNAPSHOT backup of SQL and 1112 for exchange.

Is this AOFO backup (Onhost) or ADBO (Off host) backup,with so many interation no idea whats exact STATE.

Looking forward to response.

mike_menard
Level 4
all due respect, but i don't think RTFM is the solution to this problem. i do not have ADB0 and selecting a different option on AOFO does not make a differance on the backup failure.
this error occurs whether you select ANY OR NO AOFO selection. i get the same event log message 34113 that the option is not licensed, and the say V-79-57344-65218 error message in the backup log.

PLEASE FIX THIS.

mike_menard
Level 4
i'm going to re-post this under ADBO - SEE THREAD

http://forums.veritas.com/discussions/thread.jspa?threadID=47944

MIKE