cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-79-57344-65245 - A failure occurred accessing the object list.

Kulobi03
Level 3

Hi guys.

Need help with this error  code, because i saw log file of job and not found any backslash in registry.

Job start every friday and was ok always. Last friday end with error, I tried to find backslash, but not there.

May be someone decide this problem without backslash? Please help.

Thanks advance

12 REPLIES 12

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

This type of error can be caused by incorrect slashes (erither backslash or double-slash in a path in the registry)

BUT it can also be caused by application installers/uninstaller routines not removing  registry records that relate to System State registred files, when the files in question are deleted from the operating system.

If the filename is mentioned in the job log then check the file actually exists, if it is not mentioned in the job log then analysis of a debug log is needed

If you know the filename , and it is missing from the file system AND it can be identified to a vendor then really you should talk to that vendor, sometimes however the filenames are too generic to link to a vendor, and then you are left with find the offending registry record and remove it OR create dummy file with the same name (including extention) and path

Note: Microsoft articles do exist for this condition as it is not specific to a backup product it relates to System State registration and bad practices by product developers. unfortunatley there is portnetially an infiniste number of 3rd party applications that could cuase sush issues (when you think about sharewar/freeware etc) Related articles by us (which mentions at least one Microsoft article at the very bottom)

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000005934

Hi again.

I found double slash in registry yesterday. Deleted one of them, they was in Program Files, bla bla Adaptec Manager, and one of them in Program Files, Kaspersky.

After deleted i rebooted station, and check again registry, double slash and backslash not found. 

Run BE Job, but was end with old error

Log file in attach. Can you see it?

Colin_Weaver

That filw appears to be from September

However this section might be your problem and it it i, then your pobelm will be an issue with "windows\system32\drivers\sikbmohk.sys" aso I woudl start by uinvesrtigaryng that file, (in file system and resistry)

However I am slightly conerned as to whether "VolumeShadowCopy2" (which is at the head of the above path in the debug is because you are maintaining an old shadopw copy outside of any request by Backup Exec to Snapshot the volume and you may have to remove that Shadow Copy.

[3748] 2018-09-27T09:19:58.651 [fsys\brfs]          - Status 0x00000012 returned calling FindFirstFile for \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy2\windows\system32\drivers\sikbmohk.sys in brUtil::GenerateFileList
[3748] 2018-09-27T09:19:58.651 [fsys\brfs]          - brUtil::SetObjectsList( :( Failed to apply the component exclusion list
[3748] 2018-09-27T09:19:58.658 [fsys\shadow]        - Status Unknown (0x00000012) generating Component System Files file list in SHADOW::OpenComponent
[3748] 2018-09-27T09:19:58.658 [fsys\shadow]        - Informational: calling IVssBackupComponents::SetBackupSucceeded with status FALSE for component System Files in SHADOW::OpenComponent
[3748] 2018-09-27T09:19:58.658 [fsys\systemstate]   -   AD:Status FS_OBJECT_LIST_FAILURE (0xE000FEDD) calling FS_OpenObj in SystemState::OpenObj:128

Yes, last log was from other PC, which begun get this error, but my  terminal server like this error last friday.

Now I got a log files, and attach to post. May be there is problem with Shadow copy too?

Colin_Weaver

That log shows teh same

BEREMOTE: [11/15/18 14:22:57] [18204]     [fsys\brfs]          - Status 0x00000012 returned calling FindFirstFile for \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy11\windows\system32\drivers\sikbmohk.sys in brUtil::GenerateFileList
BEREMOTE: [11/15/18 14:22:57] [18204]     [fsys\brfs]          - brUtil::SetObjectsList( :( Failed to apply the component exclusion list
BEREMOTE: [11/15/18 14:22:57] [18204]     [fsys\shadow]        - Status Unknown (0x00000012) generating Component System Files file list in SHADOW::OpenComponent
BEREMOTE: [11/15/18 14:22:57] [18204]     [fsys\shadow]        - Informational: calling IVssBackupComponents::SetBackupSucceeded with status FALSE for component System Files in SHADOW::OpenComponent
BEREMOTE: [11/15/18 14:22:57] [18204]     [fsys\systemstate]   -   AD:Status FS_OBJECT_LIST_FAILURE (0xE000FEDD) calling FS_OpenObj in SystemState::OpenObj:128

in affect is you search for in these types of logs for 0xe000FEDD and tehn look at the lines just befiore it you shoud be able to find any related lines in the debugs

I would start by looking in the resgiotry for and file system for sikbmohk.sys (or find out whcuh vbendor is responsible for sikbmohk.sys and speak to them

Failing that consuider removign shadopw copies from your volume (which can cause performance issues etc anyway, especially if lots of shadopw copies are maintained.)

Now I tried to delete shadow copy, but system show me that not found any ShadowCopy. When I run BE Job, then I can see shadow copy. After job is end, shadow copy deleted

And I search sikbmohk.sys in registry. Nothing found in registry

Colin_Weaver

Ok so that confirns it is not the shadopw copy that Backup Exec  creates that has the problem which then probaly means it is sometthing to do with the SYS file that causes your error - and is back to how that file is registered into the System State of the operating system.and you may need to speak to the application vendor

I would be happy to talk with the supplier, but for this I need to understand how? since I did not find entries for this system file in the registry. How to understand what it is if there is nothing in the registry? it is also missing from the system32 folder

Colin_Weaver

If you cannot find the vendor or the registry entry then all you can do is create a dummy file in C:\windows\system32\drivers called sikbmohk.sys to see if it fixes it.

If thsi does nto work I doubt we can assist further in these forums

When I try to create this file, system show me, that this file exist here. I found it only from other server to view. 

This file now in system32/drivers. What must I do with this file? Is deleting file decide problem with backup?

Colin_Weaver

Sorry but apart from saying deleting the file won't help, you have reached the limit of the troubleshooting we can do via the forums, if you have a valid Extended Support Agreement for BE 15 with us, you could log a formal support case, (and even then we may not find the cause as the problem is not caused by Backup Exec itself - which is why Microsoft also have articles about the same issue )

I deleted this file from one PC and Server, BE Job complete succesfully. 

Only one PC of two after deleted can't complete, error is last.