cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-79-57344-65245 error trying to backup system state

Raimar
Level 4

since one week this happens:

V-79-57344-65245 - A failure occurred accessing the object list.

The item \\server21.emea.zf-world.com\System?State\System Files\System Files in use - skipped.

it is windows 2008 server.. with Oracle 11g  installed..

Backup Exec 2010 R3 is used for backups

any ideas ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Here is the error:-

Status 0x0000007B returned calling FindFirstFile for \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy13\cosmino ag\test\apps\server/tomcat\bin\tomcat5.exe in brUtil::GenerateFileList

Notice the incorrect backslash. This needs to be corrected in the registry. Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services and look for the tomcat service. Look for the ImagePath registry key which contains the value \server/tomcat\bin\tomcat5.exe and change it to \server\tomcat\bin\tomcat5.exe

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...this can sometimes happen if an AV is preventing BE from backing up the System State. I had this with McAfee and we had to put in a policy to stop this.

Check this and make the necessary changes if required.

Thanks!

Raimar
Level 4

and what kind of changes i have to do ??

VJware
Level 6

Set AV exclusions from scanning the BE processes. As an example - https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB68701

Also, check the event viewer for any vss related errors/warnings.

However, this error mostly occurs if there is an incorrect slash present in the registry. Would recommend to enable SGMon debugging and rerun the job.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Make sure that 1. AOFO is enabled for the job 2. the BE credential used in the job is a domain administrator

Raimar
Level 4

thx for help..

job started with running sgmon . how can i find the incorrect slash ??

VJware
Level 6

Search for this line Status FS_OBJECT_LIST_FAILURE (0xE000FEDD) and look for the lines above it.

Raimar
Level 4

no such entry found. Any other idea ?

VJware
Level 6

Did you enable SGMon debugging on both servers, i.e. the BE media server and the remote server ? If yes, pls PM me the logs. Thanks.

Raimar
Level 4

i did it again with running sgmon on both servers

here the logfile:

VJware
Level 6

Here is the error:-

Status 0x0000007B returned calling FindFirstFile for \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy13\cosmino ag\test\apps\server/tomcat\bin\tomcat5.exe in brUtil::GenerateFileList

Notice the incorrect backslash. This needs to be corrected in the registry. Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services and look for the tomcat service. Look for the ImagePath registry key which contains the value \server/tomcat\bin\tomcat5.exe and change it to \server\tomcat\bin\tomcat5.exe

Raimar
Level 4

thx - it works

Hi guys!

Please can  you help me with this problem, Im not found any backslash in register.

Please who can help, can you see log file.

Thanks