cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-79-57344-896 Backup Exec attempted to back up an Exchange database according to the job settings

Johnka
Level 2

Since we have moved one of our Exchange 2010 SP1 databases we are receiving errors as below on the jobs of that database. Other DB's on the same server back up using the same job policy without trouble. The selection list does not include a DAG it only has the database selected in the path Exchange server -> Microsoft Information Store -> DB 05. I have done the following to troubleshoot.

1. Installed latest BE2010 updates
  2. Updated to latest Exchange agent version on all servers
  3. Reboot Exchange Server
  4. Reboot Backup Exec server
  5. Check service account, it is correct (local system account)
  6. Delete the associated jobs and delete the selectionlist containing the DB
  7. Recreate the selectionlist and recreate the jobs associated with the selectionlist
  8. Test credentials, they are correct
  9. Start a job and watch it status, after about 1,5 minutes it outputs following errors on that job
Job ended: vrijdag 26 augustus 2011 at 0:30:08
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0000380 - Backup Exec attempted to back up an Exchange database according to the job settings. The database was not found in the Database Availability Group (DAG), however. Update the selection list and run the job again.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-896

Backup- \\HCExch01.Hutten.nl\Microsoft Information Store\DB5
V-79-57344-896 - Backup Exec attempted to back up an Exchange database according to the job settings...

I would like to solve this asap as the weekend is closing in and i need those jobs to run. Thank you for your assistance.

0 REPLIES 0