cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-79-65535-65146

Tyson_V_
Level 2
Hi All,

Just got a failed backup job. This is the 3rd job we have ran on these new servers and after cleaning up bougus exchange mailboxes from the "selections" I thought that we would finally get a successful backup.

Guess it is not to be. Just got the following error, clicked the link, 15 or so clicks later got to this site, filled out all the information and now I am here. Can someone please tell me, in English, what does this error is?

Job ended: Wednesday, April 20, 2005 at 12:40:40 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xfffffe7a - 0xa000fe7a (2684419706)
Final error category: Other Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-65535-65146

Environment:

Backup running on SBS 2003 Std.
Also backing up another server, 2003 server Std., via Remote Agent.
Hardware: Sony AIT-2 Autoloader using Veritas drivers.
4 REPLIES 4

Ameet_Thakkar
Level 6
This could happen if your Exchange database is inconsistent.

1. The Backup Exec services account needs to be delegated full Exchange Administrator rights within the Exchange Organization . Please confirm this permission before running the Exchange backup job .

2. We would suggest you to run the backup of First Storage Group using the native NTBackup Utility.

3. If NTbackup results runs into errors then most probably your exchange database is corrupt.

4. If the NTBackup is successful then re-run the backup using Backup Exec.

We hope this helps. Let us know if the problem still exists and revert back with the error message.

"NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days,
this post would be 'assumed answered' and archived.",

Tyson_V_
Level 2
I need a little clarification on Step 1. Where is this permission set? The backup user is part of Domain Admins and has "run as service" right.

Thanks,

Tyson

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hello,

The Backup Exec services account needs to be delegated full Exchange Administrator rights within the Exchange Organization .

In order to do this,on the Exchange Organisation > right click> Delegate control> Exchange Full administrator.

-- Also activate the Mailbox by sending / recieving a few mails.The mailbox name should be a unique one.

Please refer to the following document :

http://support.veritas.com/docs/256537

-- Ensure that the Mailbox is not hidden in the global adress list.

For more information on this refer the following document:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/243328

-- Restart the Backup Exec services.

-- Give the user "Send As" and "Receive As" permissions.

NOTE: If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.