cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V Ray hyper-V cluster backup question

TRSchmidt
Not applicable

We're running Hyper-V on two clustered 2008 R2 servers with a CSV enabled array that's storing the virtual client information (configs and HDDs).  We have about 20 virtual clients total with 10 being hosted on one server (server A) and the remaining virtual clients being hosted on the second server (server B).  If I understand correctly V Ray is licensed based on socket population.  in our environment each of the servers has a single processor (a single socket is populated), meaning our environment has two sockets so we'll need to licenses.  I know this is a technical forum and not a licensing forum, that said here is the technical question:  If I have an LTO-5 drive connected to server A, is it possible to backup the virtual clients that are being hosted on server B onto the LTO-5 drive that's connected to server A?  I would think that, since both A and B have a license for V Ray, and both have the application installed, that I'd be able to backup virtual clients from either host server, either directly or over the network.  I just wanted to see if that's the case, or if I'm missing something.  Thanks all! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

If they're in a cluster you should simply be able to target the Hyper-V cluster and then back up the VMs like that.

You're also able to backup the VMs using the RAWS agent.

Check the link below for further information:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH64567

Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

If they're in a cluster you should simply be able to target the Hyper-V cluster and then back up the VMs like that.

You're also able to backup the VMs using the RAWS agent.

Check the link below for further information:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH64567

Thanks!