cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VDS Basic Provider 1

Androsov
Level 3

I have 3-node Windows Server 2012 cluster of Hyper-V virtual machines. Some virtual machines are backuped by means of Backup Exec 2014 system.

Sometimes during this backup I see next error in the Event Log:

Source: VDS Basic Provider

ID: 1

There was an unknown error. Error state number: 48F@01000003

(this nessage translated from Russian).

What is the problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Are you running 2 different backup applications on either the same server or against the same Hyper-V infrastructure? If so, stagger the backup times or standardise on 1 backup product.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Doing a Google search in that error seems to show that various IT admins have seen that error, even with backup software other than Backup Exec  being used. This means you may need to look to Microsoft for some assistance as whilst caused by a backup request if it affects multiple backup products then something in the environment is the cause.

Androsov
Level 3

Clearing up of a question at the forum IT Microsoft brought me on the forum Veritas.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Does the backup fail ? If not, then it seems to be similar to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/932446

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Are you running 2 different backup applications on either the same server or against the same Hyper-V infrastructure? If so, stagger the backup times or standardise on 1 backup product.

Thanks!

I have ONLY Backup Exec 15 for backup jobs.