cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VERITAS 9.0 tmp file not deleted after full backup

SaleemK
Level 3
 Dear all,

I run 5 Backups a week on veritas 9.0 Using a tape drive.

mon-thu I run differential backups and on friday i run a full backup.
After the full backup on Friday the tmp file on a remote machine is not deleted. After a reboot on the remote machine the file is gone. If I have done that the differential backups run fine and delete the file. After the next full backup the file is back and not deleted.
I checked the settings between both backup jobs and there execly the same. They also run the same backup job.
So i dont understand...

one more detail about the full backup on friday:
It uses more than 1 tape ( 2 tapes to be precise) dont know if that can be involved with it.

Thanks, any help is much appriciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

shirmal
Level 5
Saleem,

Full backup the AOFO cache file is probably larger. Lots of issue fixed in 9.1 SP5

Also I would make the following change on you media server and restart the services. This only applies to 9.1 and greater.

How to get Advanced Open File Option to snap one volume at a time during multi-volume backups
http://support.veritas.com/docs/264464

Hope this helps

---cheers

shirmal

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shirmal
Level 5
 Hi Saleem,
Not sure about the temp file but Backup Exec should not be creating any tmp file unless you talking about the AOFO advanced open file option tmp file.

If that is the case first you will need to upgrade to Backup Exec 9.1 with SP5 and re-push all the agent.
9.0 is no longer support as 9.1 is EOL shortly.

If AOFO us being used the again upgrade then make an exlusion in you antivirus software to exlude .tmp file.

---cheers

shirmal

Dev_T
Level 6
What is the name and the location temp files on the remote server?

SaleemK
Level 3
 I am indeed using AOFO

Not using a Virusscanner (Only mcafee groupshield for exchange)

So the file wont be held buy a virusscan. And why would it only happen on a full backup ?

Saleem

shirmal
Level 5
Saleem,

Full backup the AOFO cache file is probably larger. Lots of issue fixed in 9.1 SP5

Also I would make the following change on you media server and restart the services. This only applies to 9.1 and greater.

How to get Advanced Open File Option to snap one volume at a time during multi-volume backups
http://support.veritas.com/docs/264464

Hope this helps

---cheers

shirmal