Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMDK Datei in Auswahlliste nicht sichtbar

cancerman
Level 3
Certified

Hallo,

ich habe das Problem, dass in meiner Sicherungsauswahlliste (BE 2010 R3) die VMDK-Dateien der virtuellen Maschienen nicht zu sehen sind. Die VMs lassen sich aber auswählen und werden auch korrekt gesichert. Ist nur ein Schönheistfehler, aber doch irritierend. Eventuell hat jemand noch einen Tip für mich.

Torsten

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

It would be best if you open a support ticket and troubleshoot with a technician as debug information might prove helpful.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Jaydeep_S
Level 6

Does this happen when you are trying to select the VM for backup of while you are trying to browse the restore selection.

cancerman
Level 3
Certified

Hi,

i recently added a new Windows 2012 VM to my Host. I could see VM and the vmdk-file in the backup list. One or two weeks later, wenn i attached this new server to my backup i could see the vmdk-file again.

But now, a few days later is the vmdk-file not visible?!

But the backup of this server is still working.

Torsten

cancerman
Level 3
Certified

Hi,

i checked a restore list- all vmdk's are there.

Torsten

Jaydeep_S
Level 6

Is the GRT enabled for this job. If so try to perform a non GRT backup of this VM. Currently Server 2012 is not supported as an OS for backups. There is a beta service pack available for both BE 2010 and 2012 which will enable the suport for Server 2012. You might want to register for this patch and try a backup post applying this patch.

This blog should give you more details about beta https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/upcoming-beta-programs-backup-exec

Jaydeep_S
Level 6

If restore is showing all the vmdks then the iossue might be cosmatic.

cancerman
Level 3
Certified

Hi Jaydeep,

yes you are right, of course. I know, that this issue is cosmetic. But I still hoped to find a solution.....

Anyway, thanks for your attention.

Torsten

cancerman
Level 3
Certified

Hi Jaydeep,

sorry it was my fault. I meant this was a Server 2008 R2 VM (with SQL 2012!) not a Windows 2012!

Thx

Torsten

Jaydeep_S
Level 6

It would be best if you open a support ticket and troubleshoot with a technician as debug information might prove helpful.