cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMDK GRT Backup hanging between 600-800mb

burtos
Level 5

I am experienceing some issues when trying to backup VMDK files, i have created a policy that it backups up certain servers vmdk file using GRT, the first backup backed up but there was an error message on that one, but since than the backup seems to hang around the 600-800mb mark and the job rate is down to 1 MB/Min.  So im having to cancel the job the following day

The set up is as follows

Backup Exec 2010 R3

Windows Server 2008 R2 Std

Dell DR4000

I have a VMDK NON GRT BACKUP which is working fine on the selected servers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Matter of interest, remove the AD server and try the backup job again.If it continues with the next server, then it shows the issue lies with more than just the first server.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Is it file-folder GRT or application GRT which isn't working ? Pls ensure the media server & the remote agents on the VMs are fully patched....Open the backup job check on which resource (vmdk), its hanging...try excluding that resource from the backup & re-check pls..

CraigV

Hi,

What was the error message and how did you resolve that? And did your backup speeds tank after that?

Thanks!

burtos
Level 5

i have the

Use backup exec GRT to enable the restore of individual files and folders from the vm selected and also the individual applications items AD , Exchange and SQL also all selected.

Its hanging on the first vmdk which is a AD server.

The remote agents are all up to date and media server

CraigV

Matter of interest, remove the AD server and try the backup job again.If it continues with the next server, then it shows the issue lies with more than just the first server.

Thanks!

burtos
Level 5

i have now removed the AD server and a few others, just to reduce the backup size and time, and it it now backing up, seems it may be an issue with the AD VMDK.

Would you have an idea as what on this particular AD VMDK may be causing an issue.

CraigV

Try the following:

1. Reinstall RAWS on the server;

2. Deselect the AD server and reselect it.

Thanks!

burtos
Level 5

I'll try that probably on monday now as i need to make sure our weekly backup works first without the AD problem server