Using Backup Exec 2010 (server 2008 64 bit), I keep getting this error when trying to do a VMDK backup using GRT.
I have the temporary location set to C:\TEMP, which exists and should be writable.
Nothing is being written or backed up. It just runs for a few seconds and then fails.
Any ideas would be much appreciated.
The above error occurs if the Virtual File Filter (VFF) Driver is not properly installed on the Media Server
Can try these steps
To check Virtual File Filter (VFF) Driver and its status follow the steps listed below:
1. Go to Start | Run | MSINFO32
2. Under the Software Environment -- System Drivers look for Virtfile.sys
To resolve the issue Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server should be uninstalled and reinstalled as described in the following steps.
1. In the Backup Exec Administrator Console, click on Tools--Install options and License Keys on this Media Server.
2. In the Enter License Keys window, make a note of the Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server License key and remove it.
3. Ensure that Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server is not checked in the Symantec Backup Exec Options window and click onNext.
4. Click on Install.
After the completion of uninstall of Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server, repeat the process and re-enter the Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server License key to reinstall Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server.
For more details you can verify this KB (Its belongs to Backup exec 12.5 or below but still it may help you)