cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMWARE ESX Servers Support

Marduk
Level 4

I have three VMware ESX servers. each server has virtual machines. September's half created called VM. As I can use the same tape for 3 Jobs created independently?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Marduk,

Yes. You can create 3 jobs and target it to the same tape drive which will use the same tape. Schedule the jobs to start one after another that is for Eg: schedule first job to start at 10 PM, other at 11 PM and then last one at 11:30 PM.

In the First backup job select the option to Overwrite the tape and in the other 2 jobs select the option to Append to the tape. Ensure that the Append Period is set to Infinite-Allow Append. This option is in the properties of the Media set that is selected in the backup.

Thanks,

-Sush...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Sure.  For th subsequent jobs, specify append and target the media set which contains the tape.  You would have to check that the AP is set long enough.  If the AP has expired, then you would not be able to append to the tape.

Marduk
Level 4

sorry, could explain better? I do not understand your English

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Marduk,

Yes. You can create 3 jobs and target it to the same tape drive which will use the same tape. Schedule the jobs to start one after another that is for Eg: schedule first job to start at 10 PM, other at 11 PM and then last one at 11:30 PM.

In the First backup job select the option to Overwrite the tape and in the other 2 jobs select the option to Append to the tape. Ensure that the Append Period is set to Infinite-Allow Append. This option is in the properties of the Media set that is selected in the backup.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Marduk
Level 4

perfect, let me check