Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMware VM movment to another folder

Alex_Zn
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi!

I get error message when backup performed if i select VM for backup in one folder and than move it (VM) to another folder. So every time i need to move VM to another folder, i need deselect it from one place and than select in another. Is there is a way how i can bind to specific VM with some name and make Backup Exec to find her in new location ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If you are talking logical folders inside the vSphere client, and specific single VM selections then yes if you change the location, you do have to edit the backup selection list. If you look at the text view of your selections you will see we maintain a path and if you change the path the selection will be invalid.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

If you're doing this through the virtual center server it shouldn't matter where it is. If you are selecting the hosts, then the recommendation is to select the VC instead.

Thanks!

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If you are talking logical folders inside the vSphere client, and specific single VM selections then yes if you change the location, you do have to edit the backup selection list. If you look at the text view of your selections you will see we maintain a path and if you change the path the selection will be invalid.