cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSS Error 0xe000fed1 on SBS 2008

iant
Level 3

Been getting this VSS error on a regular basis on Backup Exec 2010 Sp1 (patched to date). O/S is SBS2008 at SP2 (patched to date). Normally a reboot fixes the writer error but today it did not. Yesterday the fault lay with the DHCP writer today during the System State Backup, querying the state of the VSS Writers shows errors on both IIS Writers.

I can see plenty of notes on Windows 2003 Server issues with VSS but very little on Windows Server (SBS) 2008. Also I've seen various recommendations on not using AOFO when backing up Exchange Server (2007).

The customer has an option to upgrade free to R2 and I wondered if this was a viable way to address this issue.

Any help appreciated.

IanT

2 REPLIES 2

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

As you mentioned your backup is failing because of VSS errors , so its an issue with the VSS writers which is causing the backup job to fail and upgrading to the R2 is not really a fix . you need to check if there is any fix available for VSS for Windows 2008 server , if you have your server up to date and then back keeps on failling then probably u would need to contact Microsoft to troubleshoot further .

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you checked the status of all writers.