cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSS Snapshot warning. File c:\windows\system32\drivers\vmxnet.sys is not present on the snapshot.

help_me_rondo
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi all,

My Backup Exec 2010 job keep finishing with a "Completed with Exceptions" result.

The exact exception message I'm getting is:

VSS Snapshot warning. File c:\windows\system32\drivers\vmxnet.sys is not present on the snapshot.

VSS Snapshot warning. File c:\windows\system32\drivers\vmx_svga.sys is not present on the snapshot.

The affected servers are Win2K8 R2 virtual servers converted from VMWare over to Xenserver using Xenconvert. Obviously those files mentioned are legacy VMWare files/drivers.

I've tried creating dummy text files with those exact file names in that same folder mentioned but sitll no luck.

I've tried digging through the registry for a key mentioning those files but theres no mention of either file in any entry.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? 

Does anyone know if this has been resolved by Symantec or not?

I'd love to get my backups back to 100% successful so that management cna sleep better at night ;)

THanks in advance for your help guys and gals!!!

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You can try to search the registry for entries containing these files and delete these entries.

help_me_rondo
Level 3
Partner Accredited

PKH,

I've tried that and the registry didn't have one single mention of those files :(

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Then try to install the vmware tools and then uninstalling them. 

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Or maybe, show hidden devices from the dev mgr & remove this left-over drivers...