cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VTL Not appendable (End marker unreadable )

IGotBojacked
Level 3

Hello again!  I have spent the last 6 weeks on the phone with Symantec.  Phone support has not been able to resolve this issue.  I am posting my event logs here in the hopes that someone who has experienced this has a solution for me.  ANY help would be most appreciated.

My event logs are as follows

Backup Exec Alert: Job Failed
(Server: "Servername") (Job: "servername.domain.comBackup -Full") Backup -Full -- The job failed with the following error: Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again. If the server or resource no longer exists, remove it from the selection list. Edit the selection list properties, click the View Selection Details tab, and then remove the resource.

Backup Exec Alert: Job Failed
(Server: "Servername") (Job: "Servername.comain.com Backup -Full") servername.domain.com Backup -Full -- The job failed with the following error: The Backup Exec job engine system service is not responding.

Update to catalog index (Catalog index database) failed.
Reason: C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Catalogs\server\ PerformBulkInsert()
r:\honshu\1798r.i386\becat\catindex\dll\..\catdbupdatethread.cpp(499)

3 REPLIES 3

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hey, I didn't know this was still unresolved.

Have you applied Hotfix 189571 yet. This might not be available in Live Updates and you might have to download and installed manually.

IGotBojacked
Level 3

Yes, I have applied Hotfix 189571.  Since the installation of BE2012 on 09/06/12 I have not had a clean backup.  Can ANYONE help me?

Please!

IGotBojacked
Level 3

We have multiple support contracts with Symantec, we are now nearly 9 weeks after upgrading to BE2012 without a functioning backup solution.