cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Various issues relating to V10d and AOFO.

Garry_Ross
Not applicable
We use several servers with backup exec 10.d. Although I have sampled the errors from 3 of them, we have a few issues with every one them we have running 10d.

Can anyone suggest any fixes for the following errors? I have trawled through the forums and can find nothing categorical as to the causes. In honesty the threads I have found have generally been very negative of this product and the support for it.

Please help change this conception for me. I have neither the time nor inclination to change what is a widely rolled out product in our organization.

Server 1 -
Backup- C: AOFO: Initialization failure on: "Microsoft Information Store". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
Snapshot provider error (0xE00084AF): The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.
Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

Server 2 -
Backup- EMDSRV1AOFO: Initialization failure on: "Shadow?Copy?Components". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
Snapshot provider error (0xE0008526): Backup Exec could not locate a Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Services (VSS) software or hardware snapshot provider for this job. Select a valid VSS snapshot provider for the target computer.

Server 3 -
Backup- ENWSRV1AOFO: Initialization failure on: "C:". Advanced Open File Option used: VERITAS Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP).
AOFO: Unable to get minimum quiet time for physical volumes. Reduce the activity on these volumes, or wait and run the backup when there is less activity on the volumes.
Backup- \\ENWSRV1\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes AOFO: Initialization failure on: "Microsoft Information Store". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
Snapshot provider error (0xE0008526): Backup Exec could not locate a Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Services (VSS) software or hardware snapshot provider for this job. Select a valid VSS snapshot provider for the target computer.
AOFO: Initialization failure on: "Shadow?Copy?Components". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).

Any help or suggestions most welcome.
1 REPLY 1

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello Garry,

we can troubleshoot only one Problem in each Forum Post thread. Please open a new Thread for each of your Problems. We will troubleshoot only your First Problem in this Thread.

Please go through the following Article for the same:
"Directory or File was not found, or could not be accessed" (a00084af HEX or e00084af HEX) is reported when a backup job using the Advanced Open File Option fails.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/261831

Hope that helps you.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.