cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verify problem

Sead_Borovina
Level 2
Here is the situation, I am using robotic library for daily backup jobs.
I discovered that we have problems with certain jobs, in fact with verification of jobs, but only when job spans over multiple tapes (in most cases 2 tapes). All jobs that use two tapes have following error message:

Verify
The query for media sequence number 1 of this media family was unsuccessful.
Ensure that all media in the family have been inventoried and cataloged.

and are failed.

I did updated tape drivers, updated firmware... settings for media and tape are correct. I do inventory prior to job run. Anyone else experienced similar problem? Any suggestions?
4 REPLIES 4

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Are you performing a Duplicate backup?

Kindly refer the following Document:

"Duplicate backup sets following a job" operation fails with the error "A query for media sequence number "X" of this media family was unsuccessful. Ensure that all media in the family have been inventoried and cataloged."

http://support.veritas.com/docs/275607

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered
and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Sead_Borovina
Level 2
No i don't use duplicate jobs.

Shraddha_Dhaval
Level 6
Hello,

Could you please elaborate on "all jobs that use two tapes get this error".

How did you configure it?

Thanks.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ?assumed answered? and would be moved to ?answered questions? pool.

cdmg
Level 2
The job spans two tapes yet fails with the following error. 

Verify

The query for media sequence number 1 of this media family was unsuccessful.

The problem with troubleshooting this is that I can only run that particular job on the weekend and at most twice as it takes about 16 hrs to complete.  I tried using different tapes but to no avail.  I am hoping someone here could give me some ideas.

I am only seeing tape 2 in the catalogs so I tried cataloging the tapes separately and the job failed.

Job ended: Monday, January 18, 2010 at 4:28:26 PM Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe0000900 - The requested media is not listed in the media index and could not be mounted. To add the media's catalog information to the disk-based catalogs, run an inventory operation on the media and resubmit the Catalog operation. Final error category: Backup Media Errors For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-2304

I am scouring the forums here but I keep coming up short in terms of a resolution.