cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verify to Dedup volume slow for one job but not the other

BackupExecNewb
Level 4

Hi,

I have 2 remote sites backing up to a central site dedup volume.  The data has been pre-seeded.

The backups went well for both sites.  However one site is verifying @29 MB/min while the other site is verifying at 135 MB/min. Why would this be so?  Would it have anything to do with different WAN speeds at the 2 remote sites?  I was told that the verify operation all happens on the central site media server, and that disk I/O is the determining factor for verify speed.  However, this does not explain why 2 jobs with the same settings are performing so differently.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified
If you are doing client-side dedup then it could be the client that does the verify

lmosla
Level 6

If you have any antivirus scans running on the media server try disabling it during the verify and see if that helps

Also is all the firmware on the client is updated?

BackupExecNewb
Level 4

AV Scanning is disabled.  All firmware is updated.  Note that there are 2 verify jobs running on the same media server.  One runs at speed and the other crawls.  So if it were things common to the server like AV scanning/firmware etc. both jobs would be affected.

BackupExecNewb
Level 4

That's what i'm thinking.