cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verify

allrightnow
Level 3

HI all

I'm running Backup Exec 2012 SP1a Version 14.0 Rev. 1798 (64bit)

The Full/Diff backups are completing correctly and I have Verify scheduled just after the Fulls to fit them into the Time Window. But the Verify jobs are looking for different tapes to what has just back up and are in the Tape drive. The Diffs which have been set as default, Verify after job, are working correctly.

this is the Alert: Library inset information

Please insert media 'Glos01-AD-FS-Full_1' into the robotic library by creating an Import media job.

If the media does not have a bar code, click Options on the Import Job Properties, and select 'Auto-inventory after import is completed'.

Im sure this is a config issue on my part but I cannot find where, How do I set it to Verify on the tapes for the job I that has run, it seems to be looking to verify older backup jobs.

thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

PraveenShetty
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi,

Please verify if the full backups are running on more than 1 tape.If yes then make sure all those tapes are available when running verify.

This issue can occur when the media is set to export a tape after the backup runs and during verify the media is not available for verification.Thats when you receive an alert to insert the correct media for verification which was used in the full backup job.

If you need to run verify on a specific tape manually,Select the storage tab and right click on the tape and select "verify" can be run from a specific backup sets also in storage.

Thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If you can run both the backup jobs and the verify jobs within your time window, you should run verify immediately after a backup.  Doing so will avoid situatinos like yours where the tape is exported and is not available for the verify job.  Alternatively, don't export the tape after the backup job is done.

AshwinApte
Level 4
Employee

Hi,

How many tapes did your Full backup job require?

One thing you can do to confirm the job is asking for the right tape is by opening the Full Backup joblog from the Job History window for that particular server and expand the Device and Media Information section and compare it with the media asked by the verify job.

Also for the verify job which option have you selected, the second or the third one?

allrightnow
Level 3

Thanks guys for your help, I will take a look now