cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas 16 remote backups errors E000EF30 and E00084F8

AndreyGo
Level 3

Hi all,

we are backing up two physical servers over a wan with two meraki MX-84 appliances between two sites and 100Mb/s fiber

line. With a smaller in size domain controller back up we have no issues, however a larger 2008 R2 SQL Server drops

netwrok connection. Happened twice in arrow, first time at 138Gb and 6:36:38 job run time and the second time at 118Gb

and 05:35:15 job time. I have updated the agent to match the version of the Veritas 16 on the 2008 R2 we are backing

up and installed all the latest updates on the BE 16 Server. Could somene help please to find out what could be the

cause of "The network connection to the Backup Exec Remote Agent has been lost. Please check for network errors".

The event viewers on both hosts have no netwrok related errors of any sort.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I figured it out, we have a policy in our domain that blocks power shell access, it is enforced by a third party via Carbon

Black AV mgmt console. I noticed in the event viewer in the application logs that beremote.exe was blocked from accessing

the PS 3-5 minutes before each time backup would fail. Placing the server in a policy that allows the invocation and

execution of PowerShell solved the issue. 

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

It could be those devices disrupting the connection due to KeepAlivetime settings

Can you create a dword "KeepAliveTime" and set it to decimal value 5000 , reboot the BE server and check if it helps
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters

Thanks, added the registry key and running a full backup now, will update once completed

Same error E00084F8 - The job failed with the following error: The network connection to the Backup Exec Remote Agent has been lost. Check for network errors.

Stopped this time at 208Gb, about 1/3 of the full backup. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Just ran SAS tool as suggested in this article https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100023042

Attached below is the XML file with the test results. Thank you!

I figured it out, we have a policy in our domain that blocks power shell access, it is enforced by a third party via Carbon

Black AV mgmt console. I noticed in the event viewer in the application logs that beremote.exe was blocked from accessing

the PS 3-5 minutes before each time backup would fail. Placing the server in a policy that allows the invocation and

execution of PowerShell solved the issue. 

Thanks