cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas 8.6 Backup exec - "unable to attach" "access Denied"

kabeerk
Level 4
Hi all, I've been getting this for the past few days and i'm stumped.
It seems to be a permissions problem but I have checked and doublechecked everything. Anyone, please let me know something.

Unable to attach to \\DEV\System?State.
Access is denied.

Unable to attach to \\DEV\System?State

--------------------------------

Unable to attach to \\DEV\C$.
Access is denied.

Unable to attach to \\DEV\C$.

Any help please

Kabeer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marksw
Level 5
 Enabled restrict anonymous support on both the media server and dev1.  If that doesnt work. Stop the services on the backup exec server and rename bewinui.uni and start the service again

Mark

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

shirmal
Level 5
 Backup jobs run under the account that Backup Exec services uses. Can you make sure that login have access to what you are trying to backup? 
(Usually BE services are LOCAL administrator accounts, but that won't work when backing up over a network. BE's services account needs to be a DOMAIN admin).

shirmal

kabeerk
Level 4
I have all my services setup to login as a Domain Admin. that login has full and unrestricted access to my network

Kabeer

Marksw
Level 5
 Enabled restrict anonymous support on both the media server and dev1.  If that doesnt work. Stop the services on the backup exec server and rename bewinui.uni and start the service again

Mark

kabeerk
Level 4
 Yeaaa Mark! Renaming the .UNI file got it! Could you explain why that would fix it? thanks for your help.

Thanks,

Kabeer

Marksw
Level 5
Basiccally it stores all the username/passwords on how you attach to each server or resource.
You can use a program off the Install cd called pwddbedt.exe to take a look at it and you can change the credentials. Typically just renaming it gets rid of the issues.

Mark