cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas Backup Exec 16 not found media

taweesak
Level 2

Hello Community,

Greeting, I'm new to the community and this is my first conversation.

I have the strange issue, there is tape in media library, and it shown the media is in the slot. But tape drive is showing no media, everytime when try to run the backup there is always the message request to insert tape to the library. But the tape is there already.

This problem occur after I replace the tape library as the old one was broken and still in warryty. Kindly advised.

Thank you very much

Taweesak Archawamaitreekool

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified
Are you directing the backup to partition 1-8. Is that job using the same media set that, that specific media is in ? Is the backup job an append job ( check job setting )? Have you tried putting in a blank tape, then running an inventory and then doing a backup to it ? Is this replaced library in random/automatic mode ? Check properties of the tape. Is that showing export pending, yes ?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified
Are you directing the backup to partition 1-8. Is that job using the same media set that, that specific media is in ? Is the backup job an append job ( check job setting )? Have you tried putting in a blank tape, then running an inventory and then doing a backup to it ? Is this replaced library in random/automatic mode ? Check properties of the tape. Is that showing export pending, yes ?

Hi

Thank you very much for your replied, it was able to perform a backup after I changed the media set to scratch. I don't know why it didn't pick up with the original media set that I set up at the beginning. 

There was only 1 single media in the library, every configuration is the same except the library that has been replaced.

Hi,

The issue fixed, after i carefully read your advice, then i went through all the configurations and found that it was really from the configuration that was changed.

The tape backup storage policy was changed to "Overwrite media" so BE keeps asking the blank, scratch media.
After i changed it back to "Append to media, overwrite if no appendable media is available" the problem fix.

Thank you very much for your advice