cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas Backup Exec 20.6 and Exchange 2013 CU23 Backup

mcshel
Level 2

Hi!

Backup does not work on some databases at the same time without any regularity.

The backup copy itself performs quickly. Then it hangs for a very long time. Background process. Turned on debug and saw the following.

Безымянный.png

Resource and files are accessible and open.

Безымянный2.png

7 REPLIES 7

mcshel
Level 2

Error only with GRT

karinjo
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Is this resolved please? I have the same problem and same version BE 20.6 and Exchange 2013 with CU23.

My default storage location is HP StoreOnce3100 - NFS Share.

When I run Exchange backup task on storage location on local disk, backup with GRT finished successfully.

When I run same task on NFS share (StoreOnce) storage location, backup task stuck on background processing...

Without GRT backup works fine on any storage locations.

Error log  "V-79-57344-3905 - The backup selection '\\Exchange\Microsoft Information Store\DB\' was not successfully processed for Granular Recovery Technology (GRT). The Database Recovery failed with Error 'Aborted post processing PDI location'. You will not be able to restore individual items for this backup selection"

I've tried all solutions from this forum and several knowledge base articles but without success.

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

can you configure the Storeonce as a OST storage in BE and test the GRT backup to it ?

Does the same problem appear when you direct the exchange GRT backup to any other network share ?

How large is the database (size ) ? If really large, does a small one go through and not get stuck in background processing ?

karinjo
Level 4

@Gurvinder, thanks for quick reply. 

HP StoreOnce can be configured only as NFS or CIFS share.

I tried to use StoreOnce as CIFS share, but the same issue occures.

Backup size of information store is about 435GB. 

I have five EX DBs. The size of individual databases: 400MB, 500MB 2GB, 33GB, 400GB.

Background processing stuck occure on any database.

I didn't try to backup Exchange on any other network share because all other backup tasks works perfectly on this NFS share on Store Once. 

karinjo
Level 4

I enabled debug monitor during exchange grt backup task today.

I attach three screenshos with error lines during stuck backgroung processing

befailure-1.JPG

befailure-2.JPG

befailure-3.JPG

I have the same environment on other customers and everything works fine with grt backup on nfs share. 

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

can you test the same database backup with GRT to local disk ?

karinjo
Level 4

Yes I can. Test run successfuly on both, local disk and nfs share storage locations, but backup with grt on nfs share stuck continously.