cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas Backup Exec 9.0 & 9.1

Warren_Poole
Level 2
I have about 80 schools using Backup Exec 9.1 on each server. We have one central domain account that answers the relevant questions that backup exec asks for as an automated response before starting or after failing or finishing a backup. Increasingly on a number of servers the account "ADAMM" takes over the automated response procedure and answers with no action (NONE). Is there an easy way to setup the ADAMM account to answer the questions once a backup has finished? ADAMM only seems to kick in when our domain account doesn't kick in but I don't know why it is not working all of the time. Our domain account will start all of the backup jobs at 11.00PM with "insert an overwriteable tape into the drive". It will answer OK to this and the backup starts. Then when the backup finished ADAMM will answer the "please remove backup device from the drive" as a "NONE" response and every 15 minutes until the backup times out at 7.00am. This is very frustrating as I keep getting notifications of failed backups every morning. Can somebody please help me??? Many Thanks for all of you time. Warren
3 REPLIES 3

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

In order to disable the alert please use the following technote:
How to configure VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) to automatically respond to media alerts, including when a backup hangs at 99%, until the user responds to a tape eject prompt
http://support.veritas.com/docs/192055

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Warren_Poole
Level 2
Thanks for your reply. I have already answered all of the alert settings with our domain account that we use. My problem is that the ADAMM account keeps interupting and I cannot set up alert answering on this account. Please can you help.

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Hello Warren!

Will you please elaborate your issue!

Do you mean bews behaves differently when the backup exec service account is changed to your ADAMM account??

Regards,
Ashutosh

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.