cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas Backup Exec V9.1 Image / Bare metal restore

mistong
Level 2

Hi I have Veritas Backup Exec V9.1 running on Small Business Server 2003. I am looking to find out if there is a plugin / relative cheap option that I can add to BE 9.1 that will let me take snapshots of my SBS 2003 server so I can do a Bare Metal restore should there be a problem with my server and it fails.

I want to remove the issure I would have in rebuilding the server should there be a failure

Thanks in Advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

You're looking for Backup Exec 9.1 IDR...the problem here being I don't think you're going to get a license from Symantec for this.

Check the link below:

http://eval.veritas.com/mktginfo/products/White_Papers/Data_Protection/bews_91_idr_wp.pdf

It's going to allow you to restore an image of your server, and any subsequent data.

However, BE 9.1 is ancient by today's terms (you're obviously running it for a reason). In this case, I'd recommend, if you're able too, an upgrade to either BE 2010 R3, or BE 2012 (read up on this version as it has changed the GUI and operation of the application fundamentally).

You can always contact Symantec's licensing department and ask them if you can buy the latest license, but have it downgraded to your version...

Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

You're looking for Backup Exec 9.1 IDR...the problem here being I don't think you're going to get a license from Symantec for this.

Check the link below:

http://eval.veritas.com/mktginfo/products/White_Papers/Data_Protection/bews_91_idr_wp.pdf

It's going to allow you to restore an image of your server, and any subsequent data.

However, BE 9.1 is ancient by today's terms (you're obviously running it for a reason). In this case, I'd recommend, if you're able too, an upgrade to either BE 2010 R3, or BE 2012 (read up on this version as it has changed the GUI and operation of the application fundamentally).

You can always contact Symantec's licensing department and ask them if you can buy the latest license, but have it downgraded to your version...

Thanks!