cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas Backup Exec V9.1 - Unable to remove backup selections

Deland01
Level 2
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to remove a server from the daily backup schedule? The server(s) are no longer on the network & so I cant see them on the job selection to un-tick. They do still appear on the Resource Order & Resource Credentials sections. They also appear on the confirmation emails we get when the job has completed & its throwing errors up as it cant find them.

Thanks in advance.
7 REPLIES 7

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi,

There will be a tab next to the list of options/servers...go in there, and delete the entry for the server in question. It's the text version of your selection list, and sometimes when removing a server from the selection list, it keeps it in the text list.

Laters!

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Edit the job as you normally would, but on the selections window click on the tab for "View selection detail".  In this view you can see everything that is getting backed up in a text view.  Find the selections you no longer need, click on them to highlight, then click on delete.

Deland01
Level 2

I’m not sure where you mean, is this in the job setup?

Here’s where I am at the moment

Job Setup Menu> Highlight the backup schedule (circled in red)

Untitled-1.gif

Right click> Properties

Choose Yes to the warning
Untitled-1.gif

Next I see this screen

Untitled-2.gif

I can see the old items on the resource order section but there isnt any way of removing anything. Right clicking on the items doesnt do anything either.

Untitled-4.gif

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Actually on the selections screen just change the view format from "Graphical" to "Text".  Then you can manually remove the selections for the servers no longer available.

Deland01
Level 2
Thanks for the help, there were a load of un-wanted items on there. I'll see what happens tomorrow when the backup runs over night.

CraigV
Any news here...?

CraigV
Any news here???