cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas not detecting Remote Agent

SaleemK
Level 3
 I have a Windows XP Machine which happens to have a HP Storageworks DAT72 tape drive on it.  I also have a Windows 2003 R2 machine with no tape drive.  I have installed the remote agent utility to the Windows 2003 R2 server (by pushing it out), however, I cannot get BackupExec on the Windows XP machine to see the Windows 2003 R2 server.  The is no firewall turned on, on either machine.  There is a published name on the Backup Exec Remote Agent Utility as well as "Enable the Remote Agent to publish information to the media server in the list", and has the WindowsXP machine listed on that.

Saleem
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

THarry
Level 5
 Are there multiple networks being used? I know for ours I specify the server under User-Defined where I specify the backup network and select from there.  Are you relying on Microsoft Network names?

Harry

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

THarry
Level 5
 Are there multiple networks being used? I know for ours I specify the server under User-Defined where I specify the backup network and select from there.  Are you relying on Microsoft Network names?

Harry

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello Saleem,

As I understand:
1  : Backup Exec on Windows XP Machine which has a TAPE Drive
2  : Remote agent on Windows Server 2003 R2
3  : We are not able to see Windows Server from Backup Exec's selection list through Windows Favourate, Domains...etc

-- Create a new selection list, Add the Server under "User Defined Selection" with the IP address.
-- Make sure that port 10000 is open on both the machines
-- Edit the HOSTS file on both the machines and manually add the computer names

SaleemK
Level 3
 Thanks for all your replies. I didn't know you had to make it a user defined scan.  I thought that it would appear where it listed my current computer and all the drives on my computer.  After clicking on user defined SCAN and adding the server, it works

Saleem