cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version 12.5, How To Do An Automated Restore

BIllH2
Level 3

I have version 12.5 backing up 4 servers, one of which I am replacing. I do a full backup nightly which completes by 4:00AM. I need to start a redirection restore after the backup job ends. I would like to do this without having to get up at 4. Since this requires the tape to be cataloged is there a way to automate the process? Hopefully it will be a one time deal. I have to do it on a Saturday morning. Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi Q. Since this requires the tape to be cataloged is there a way to automate the process Ans No, there is no automated way in backup exec for doing all this operation. So yes you would have to inventory the tape and then catalog it and then would have to configure the restore accordingly to run the redirection restore. Thanks

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

The user base has been asking for this ability since as far back as v7.0 that I am aware of.  I think there is a thread on the Ideas page ( https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/backup-and-recovery/ideas ) regarding this, if you cannot find it, start your own

We MAY get this in a future release, but I wouldn't really count on it

BIllH2
Level 3

Thanks for the responses, it seems to me to be vary archaic not to have this feature available.

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

You can make a fetaure enhancement by creating the Idea for same

Thanks

vigneshwaran
Level 6

Why you need the automated restore?

for which purpose?