cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertias exchange - BE 9.1

m_techguy
Level 4
I'm thinking for a different way of taking backups. I do not need to do brick level backup anymore with msexchange (since CPU utilization is very high) I need to use msexchange2003 recovery storage group. when an exchange restore is performed(in veritas), I don't need to restore my whole Info store into its orginal location. I need it to go in the recovery storage group. How can I do this? I could see redirecting to another server, but I'm having only one exchange server. Any help please techguy
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marksw
Level 5
The database is dismounted  when you setup recovery storage group . Veritas detects your production information store is mounted and check for the RSG & find the database dismounted or offline & restore to it. So there wont be any problems as long as your production IS is mounted.
they are no settings in veritas since restore to into the recovery storage group is automatic.

Mark

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marksw
Level 5
The database is dismounted  when you setup recovery storage group . Veritas detects your production information store is mounted and check for the RSG & find the database dismounted or offline & restore to it. So there wont be any problems as long as your production IS is mounted.
they are no settings in veritas since restore to into the recovery storage group is automatic.

Mark

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Please find the link:
How to prepare Exchange 2003 so that a Recovery Storage Group Restore can be performed with Backup Exec for Windows Server

http://support.veritas.com/docs/264815

Keep in mind that Backup Exec does not know that the RSG exists - BE simply sends a command to Exchange to restore - Exchange then directs the restore to the RSG internally.