cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Machine backup - FAIL (again, and again, and again)

corycar
Level 3

Hello friends.

So, we have several virutual servers we have been backing up for about 6 months or so.  Back in December, we started getting error V-79-57344-38277 - Job failed with following error: Unable to open a disk of the Virtual Machine.

- Oddly enough - the error code lookup doesn't match the actual error. We arn't restoring, we DO have access rights etc.

My partner here at work worked through a solution with Tech support back in December, (Ticket# 05793833) that fixed the problem, for about a week. Now it's back with a vengance.  all 6 of my Vservers fail nightly. Until recently haven't been able to have much time to work on it till now.  (upgrading our office from Windows 95 to Windows XP....kidding).

We ARE licensed for VM usage for BE 2010r3

Does anybody have any insight to this?

Deeply appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

corycar
Level 3

Turns out that freeing space up on my Backupexec server seemed to take care of it. Random discovery!!

(Even though, there basically was plenty of free space, it was just a bit more that seemed to tip the scale).

thanks to those that helped!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

There are some restrictions as to the type of virtual disks that can be backed up.  See the SCL below

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH137682&key=15047

corycar
Level 3

Turns out that freeing space up on my Backupexec server seemed to take care of it. Random discovery!!

(Even though, there basically was plenty of free space, it was just a bit more that seemed to tip the scale).

thanks to those that helped!