cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vmware and Exchange Backup multipe datasources simultaneously

Kumichou
Level 1

Hello Gents,

I have tried searching alot but I couldnt find the solution to my problem.

Scenario: 12 DAG databases in 1 DAG accross 4 servers. If I configure the backup job on the DAG level (all databases in 1 job), it will backup 1 database at a time, not all databases togather.

Same thing goes with VMware backup if I select multiple virtual machines in 1 job.

How can I enable concurrent backups? because this way the backup are taking very long time.

For Exchange I did one work around which was to create a backup job for each database seperately, and set the same starting time for all of them. It is working as I expect now . Do I have to this for other workload types too? like SQL or Hyper-V and VMware?

I'm using Backup Exec 16 on windows 2012 R2

VMware : vSphere 6

Hyper-v: 2012 R2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Yes you do have to create separate jobs that start concurrently and select individual VMs or Mailbox databases  - I would recommend slightly staggeriung the start times (say 10mins apart) espcially for Exchange as we have seen the ESE requests into Exchange take an exponentially longer time if the requests all hit the Exchange environment at the same time.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Yes you do have to create separate jobs that start concurrently and select individual VMs or Mailbox databases  - I would recommend slightly staggeriung the start times (say 10mins apart) espcially for Exchange as we have seen the ESE requests into Exchange take an exponentially longer time if the requests all hit the Exchange environment at the same time.