cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume Shadow Copy error

Lucas_Grijander
Level 3
Final error: 0x80042306 - 0x80042306 (2147754758) when I tried to backup the Shadow Copy Components

"Vss Snapshot Error. Dosnapshotset error".
"chek event log for more details"

In the event log:

Event id: 12293

Volumen Shadow Copy service error: error calling a routine on the shadow copy provider {04aaf00b-f272-4449-ae63-e8ac935a102c}. Routine details IVssSnapshotSnapshotProvider::AreLunsSupported failed with error 0x80004005 "

ANY IDEA???

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Ameet_Thakkar
Level 6
Kindly refer the following technote and let us know the result of the same.

Title:- OFO: Initialization failure on: "Shadow?Copy?Components" Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS). VSS Snapshot error. Unexpected provider error.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/265927.htm

We hope this helps.Let us know if the problem still exists and revert back with the error message.

Lucas_Grijander
Level 3
The problem still exists
The "Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider" and "Volume Shadow Copy" Service was as startup "normal"

Eric_Kirscher
Level 3
I have the identical problem. All services are started, The aofo is installed fresh and clean but I get the same error.

od_dental
Not applicable
We have these same problem have you resolved this issue

T_LeBlanc
Level 2
What I've noticed is that when you get this error the Volume Shadow Copy service on the server being backed up is not started.  If you start the service, then rerun the backup, it will run normally, without the error.

It's been several years since I've used Backup Exec, but I seem to recall that this was an issue back with BE versions 10 & 11, as well.  I also seem to remember that there was a work-around or "technique" to eliminate that behavior, which worked.  But I cannot remember what it was...still searching.