cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

W2008R2 BE2014, RHEL (5.11 Tikanga) V-79-57344-34040 error

PBGBob
Level 3

Hello,

My BE 2014 media server is a Win 2008 R2 (physical) box. My backup that is failing with network issues is a RHEL 5.11 (physical) box.  The particular error is V-79-57344-34040.

Following the link does not offer much in the way of solution or insight. I have two backups running on this Linux box and one is now operational while the other fails with network loss.  The Linux box does have Oracle running on it, and sometimes the BE port is taken by Oracle.  My Linux admin has addressed that such that we are able to get one of the backups to function, however the other is failing and has since I Have upgraded the BE media server to 14.

He has upgraded the RALUS to what was included with the BE 2014 however that seemed to be older than the RALUS included with BE 2012.  We have attempted backups with both. We are now using RALUS 1786 and receiving one of two backups as successful.

Wondering what other things Linux admins have done to address this type of thing.

Thanks
Bob

11 REPLIES 11

lmosla
Level 6

Hi,

run live updates and make sure you are updated to the most recent servis pack ,R2, and hotfix Hotfix 227745

in addition here is a link for the SCL - Backup Exec 2014 Software Compatibility List

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Are you on SP2 and did you patch the RALUS to SP2? If not, see my blog below on how to do so https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/how-install-patches-ralus-rmals-and-rams Also, disable IPv6 on both the media server and Linux server

PBGBob
Level 3

Imosla,

I am running that now and finding there is SP2 for my install. Thanks for that. I had forgotten to check. Will follow up as to how it works.

I did not have time to perform update and apply hotfix. Hotfix is being applied now. Will have to follow-up tomorrow. 

Thank you.

Bob

PBGBob
Level 3

PKH,

I am looking into your link now and will follow through.

IPV6 is disabled, additionally I have selected IPV4 as the network protocol to utilize for this backup job.  Will have to see how it runs tonight.

Applied SP2 over the weekend and am applying the Hotfix mentioned above at this time. Will follow-up tomorrow after the backup runs.

Thanks

Bob

PBGBob
Level 3

Imosla and PKH,

Thank you for your input. After following your steps I still receive an error on the backup.  Specifically the error reported is as below.

Final error: 0xe00084f8 - The network connection to the Backup Exec Remote Agent has been lost. Check for network errors.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-34040

The backup is not large at all, it is apporximately 200 GB in size.  It usually fails a little over an hour into the backup job.

The BE server is on SP 2 and HF 227745. RALUS has been updated from the latest update to BE 2014. 

Again thank you for any thoughts or suggestions.

Bob

pkh
   VIP    Certified

1. Are you able to telnet to and from the remote server and the media server using port 10000?

2. Are you able to right-click on the Linux server and establish trust?

3. Is the BE credential part of the BEoper group?

PBGBob
Level 3

Good morning PKH,

1. I cannot telnet on port 10000.

2. I can right click and establish trust, at least there are no errors thrown when that is performed.

3. Yes.

This box does have Oracle running on it and this will grab the BE ports if not started in the proper order. This has been addressed by my Linux admin.

I do show some data being backed up. In total I should have just over 300 GB in a full backup. I am able to get as much as 162 GB before a failure.

Thank you

Bob

lmosla
Level 6

check to ensure  there are exclusions for the Backup Exec processes in any AV that might be running

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You cannot telnet on port 10000 means that it off used by some other processes. This port is needed by BE. You can change it to another port. See the document below http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH37415

PBGBob
Level 3

My apologies, port 10000 is in use by Oracle. We have made port 12000 the port for BE. This I can telnet to. We did follow those instructions for changing ports.

Interesting item: We did receive a successful incremental backup over the weekend. The full backup prior to that was unsuccessful with the error mentioned above. The subsequent full backup (rescheduled while working with Symantec support) was cancelled due to time constraints.

Thank you for all the input so far.

PBGBob
Level 3

Will do. Thanks.